Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

Okay, this has been a long time coming. Some of you who know me might say it’s been too long. But anyway, here it is, my first blog. I do love to write, so it isn’t that I have bad feelings or trepidation about doing such a thing. I guess what concerns me is being consistent in producing the blog – can I continue to post and keep people interested? Hmmm … Well, I know I have control over posting, but whether or not people are interested, that could be another thing. So at the outset here, I will commit to posting something at least once a week (I’m far too busy with other things to pull this off daily, unless people are simply interested in a short paragraph or two). Only your comments and feedback can determine the interest level.

Which brings up another question: What is a good length for a blog? Too short and it’s “why bother?” Too long and one just passes by, thinking “This is way too much.” So not sure about that.

To introduce this new endeavor, I would simply like to tell you what I envision it to be like. Most of you know me as this guy who has an interest in paranormal and psychic phenomena (or at least someone who has always been “a little weird.”) For a few years, I was the president of the Washington State Ghost Society. But more so than that, I have been a practicing psychic and medium for 11 years now, doing private and group readings to further develop my skills and help people connect with those they’ve lost. Additionally, I have a thirst for scientific research into the topic and what quantum physicists are discovering about the bizarre nature of reality (I have often told myself, my life mission is to discover how “all this” works and what it means). I would like to use this experience of blogging to further explore and talk about all these subjects. I hope to learn just as much from my readers as my readers might from me. In a way, I would like this to be somewhat of a dialogue. Please … Ask questions and offer insights.

Also, for those of you who are interested in my work as a psychic and are curious about how to develop your own abilities, or just have general questions about the nature of phenomenon as I have studied and experienced it, I would like to use this forum for that as well. To that end, next Tuesday (May 25) I will be a guest speaker at Vision Quest in Everett from 6 to 8 pm, doing just that. This Vision Quest gathering has been going on for quite awhile for people curious about intuition and psychic phenomenon and maybe developing their own skills. I was approached last month by the group’s host, Carol, who has been to a couple of my own group readings. She’ll be interviewing me and then opening up questions from the audience. I will also be giving small demonstrations. It’s my goal to at least audio record this event and transcribe it into a post for this blog, as some of Carol’s questions may be ones that you might have (and it guarantees something for me to write about, as this thing gets up and running).

Occasionally, I get inspirations regarding the nature of reality and the observation of personal experience that I will write about. I have posted some of these on my website (www.spiritualexploration.com) as musings – for they definitely get my blood pumping like a good muse would. I will probably post some of those here as well (though they can get quite long).

Well, I think that’s it for now. I hope people will be interested and that, as always, I can help in whatever way I can. I also look forward to growing and learning from you, too.

Remember – you are all Perfect Beings!

I look forward to hearing from you!

- Jeffrey

Also, my brother and I have gotten back into music! Our debut CD will soon be available on I-Tunes and Amazon. Check us out at MySpace.com/marksbrothersmusic. Support the arts and purchase a download! Our songs will soon be heard on internet radio, too. Yeah! You can take a listen right here by clicking the widget in the upper right corner of the page, listed as Marks Brothers Music. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Very Nice Blog Jeffrey! I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeffrey! I look forward to reading your blog, now that it exists! You inspire me to at least organize my writings and experiences and get them out there!

    I met you through Dena Marie and have been meaning to get in touch with you. I think the last time I saw you was at Christmas. (Where has this year gone?) We also did the interview at her house in late fall.

    I look forward to seeing you soon. I may be out of town for the Vision Quest event but we've been meaning to see if you and Heidi would like to come for dinner sometime. We live not far from you.
    Kathleen Kuhn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffrey, The blog looks great! Way to go...I've been blogging on the website and need to branch out. You may be inspiring me to new 'blogging heights'. Of course the fun part is in writing the blog - the work comes in reading and commenting to the posts - of which I am sure you will have many! And you know me, if you ever need a topic, I have a thousand questions to ask. Can't wait for the next one! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone who's responded! I'm grateful to anyone who stops by. Kathleen, I look forward to seeing you, too! Thanks for stopping by. :) Next post coming soon. I already have a topic in mind.

    ReplyDelete